Thursday, August 14, 2014

Life is easy. Why do we make it so hard? - TED Talk by Jon Jandai, TEDxDoiSuthep

Jon is a farmer from northeastern Thailand. He founded the Pun Pun Center for Self-reliance, an organic farm outside Chiang Mai, with his wife Peggy Reents in 2003. Pun Pun doubles as a center for sustainable living and seed production, aiming to bring indigenous and rare seeds back into use. It regularly hosts training on simple techniques to live more sustain-ably. Outside of Pun Pun, Jon is a leader in bringing the natural building movement to Thailand, appearing as a spokesperson on dozens of publications and TV programs for the past 10 years. He continually strives to find easier ways for people to fulfill their basic needs. For more information visit http://www.punpunthailand.org

TED Talk Link

Excerpts from Speech

  • True Civilization : four basic needs: food, house, clothes and medicine must be cheap and easy for everybody
  • But now, to be happy, we need to come back, to connect to ourselves again, to connect to other people, to connect our mind and body together again. So, we can be happy. Life is easy.
  • But, life is harder and harder. We make it hard for whom? We work hard for whom right now? I feel like it's wrong, it's not normal. So, I just want to come back to normal.
  • my life is easy and light now. my life is easy and light now. That's enough for me. People can think whatever they want. I cannot manage anything outside myself. What I can do is change my mind, manage my mind. Now, my mind is light and easy, that's enough. If anybody wants to have a choice, you can have a choice. The choice to be easy or to be hard, it depends on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment