Monday, September 16, 2013

Epics are holistic depictions of Life - StoryTeller Craig Jenkins

I read an interesting article in "The Hindu" - Metroplus 17th Sep 2013

Key Excerpts are
Epics are holistic depictions of Life - StoryTeller Craig Jenkins

  • Craig says what makes The Ramayana and The Mahabharata interesting is that they are holistic depictions of life. “It [Researching epics] shows us there is light and dark in all of us.[தமிழ் - நல்லவரா / கெட்டவரா?]  And it is an interface between a story and reality because every one of these stories allows us to question. When Jambavan tells Hanuman about his childhood, Hanuman discovers the power within. This story is a metaphor for those times in life when we don’t know what we are capable of, but it takes one moment to make us realise that we can do it.”

  • It [researching epics] took over my life, really. I don’t think I’ll ever know the stories fully. And I’d want it to be that way. It’s like swimming in an ocean and the more I move with the waves, the more I re-discover something else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment