Monday, January 13, 2020

EP- 99 – அன்புள்ள அப்பா – Leadership Lessons from my father – Greatness Series - Zero to Hero 100 days Personal Transformation Journey

We are in Episode 99. Count down has started in our 100 days journey.

இந்த
YouTube channel லை வாழ வைக்கும் தெய்வங்களாகிய எல்லா
ஹீரோயின்களுக்கும், ஹீரோக்களுக்கும்
வணக்கம்.

As we have completed all the 7 Habits of Stephen Covey, I want take up
“Greatness Series” to address other best behaviours, habits, simplifying tools,
good books, Videos, TED Talks and resources.

I spoke about my mom a lot. A lot of my friends enquired that I have not
spoken about my father. I am reserving it for this episode. Similar to all
movie programs, they keep the best in the last.

5 Leadership lessons that I learn from my father:-
·        
Get out of your comfort zone – He was in a small village near
Thiruvaiyaru (Kalyanapuram). He ran away from his house to North India. He
worked there for 40 years. He broke his language barrier and got out to bring
his best. Whenever I was in cross roads, this helps me to break my barrier
thereby I experience Paradigm shift in my life. Like my father, my first
renowned job was in Gujarat.
·       
       உழைப்பே உயர்வு
He was hardly cleared his 10th
grade. He was not having any sophisticated degree like mine but he proved
himself through sheer hard work.  He had
impeccable English. He was earning Rs. 4000 salary even in seventies. In our
house, we have a picture of my father with Jawaharlal Nehru. Similarly, I was a
mechanical engineer and worked in a reputed firm. I had to quit for chasing my
dream in software. Whenever I think about what I do have, I think about my
father and move courageously instead of playing a victim mind-set.

·        
கனவு காணுங்கள்
-
He had never given any piece
of advice. He was a man of few words. He went and attended conference in London
around 1973 itself. In house, we used to have his London pictures. It helped me
to visualize myself of going to abroad and earn money. Those thoughts got
seeded because of him.
He had given all the freedom of choice to
me. My reading habit came from these choices. I used to read all Rajesh Kumar
Novels, Lakshmi Novels,  Chandilyan
Novels in teenage days. It helped to shape my thought process. I want to give
the same to my daughters instead of putting them in boxes.

Character: He stayed 40 years in North
lndia. He stayed alone for sake of bringing, educating us.  He sacrificed his life for our sake. Our life
would have derailed, if he got addicted to drinks and girls. He thought us a
valuable lessons by living his life without speaking about it explicitly.

எவன் ஒருவன் தனிமையில் சிறந்தவனாக இருக்கிறானோ அவன் தான் சிறந்த தலைவன்
Life is a character Gymnasium.

·      Use nicer
words. Err is human. He had one bad habits of using harsh words. Those words
torture me, my mother, my sisters and brother. I want to learn from it and not
to follow this habit. Instead I want to follow Valluvan’s saying
o  
இனிய
உளவாக இன்னாத கூறல்
o  
கனிஇருப்பக்
காய்கவர்ந் தற்று.
o  
சாலமன் பாப்பையாமனத்திற்கு இன்பம் தரும் சொற்கள் இருக்க, அவற்றை விட்டுவிட்டுத் துன்பம் தரும் சொற்களைக் கூறுவது, நல்ல பழம் இருக்க நச்சுக்காயை உண்பது போலாகும்.

Having thought these lessons, He was with me when I started this 100
days series. He died on 2nd December due to old ages and he was
bedridden. He was 92 at the time of his death. I dedicate this episode to him.

About me:-
EP-0 - Who am I? - Rajesh
Narayanan
If you do not know me personally, you can check out
this video




No comments:

Post a Comment