Sunday, March 22, 2020

College to Corporate Speech @DB Jain College - Techno Meet, Chennai

sTo bridge the gap between College to Corporate, I got an opportunity to address the students of DB Jain College, Chennai. Students from 20 colleges and close 160+ students attended the valedictory function of their Techno Meet.

Credits goes to Ms. Sandhya who played a instrumental role for connecting me with College. I dedicate this speech to Ms. Sandhya. Hats off to her.

RUN Towards Your
FEAR – Rajesh Narayanan

Year 1998, Place: SRA Systems, Teynampet, Chennai

I entered the interview room similar to
Kamalhassan in Tenali movie. I was overwhelmed by complete fear. I had fear for
everything. I had fear to open my mouth. I had fear to speak English. I had
fear to speak to HR people.

The interviewer lady asked, tell me about
yourself. I was literally struggling for the words.. Though I had practised
this 100 times, on that day, nothing came out of my mouth. My heart beat was
thundering at a high speed, my mind went blank, and I was frozen. I was
speechless and nothing was coming out of my mouth. Not even air was coming out
of my mouth.  I stood in the centre of
the room for 45 seconds without uttering a word. Then I came back from the room
with my head down. I felt I was in the bottom of the world. That night I could
not sleep. I came out as a failure. Good for nothing follow.

After that incident, I felt deeply dejected, disappointed
and devastated. I did not do anything for a week. I was becoming more and more
negative. That is when, my mom suggested to “Run towards your fear

Then I started addressing my fear. I did
English courses to work on my English.

My second fear was public speaking or speaking
confidently in front of a group. I enrolled in Toastmasters, non-profit group
to work on communication and leadership. Please work on your communication
skills that will boost your confidence.

My third fear was comparing myself with
others,I used to compare myself with every other person in the world. I did not
have enough confidence to speak to anyone. I was overwhelmed by self-rejection
and self-criticism who are my worst enemies. Never compare yourself with
others. If you do, you will not be able to stand in front of the audience and
speak comfortably. Accept yourself as you are. Only when you accept, you can
learn and then grow. 

Always say, I am
what I am. I am not superior to anyone and I am not inferior to anyone. I am
what I am.

Practical Tips:- (How to do it)
  1. Holy Hour – Spend one hour
    for yourself
  2. Audio University – Listen
    to audio books
  3. Enrol in Toastmasters to
    develop communication and leadership
  4. Find your strength - Don't
    build your career with your weakness
  5. Never ever compare
    yourself with others. – Vairamuthu quote.

Quotes
Run towards your
fear. – Robin Sharma
"YOUR ATTEMPT
MAY FAIL, BUT NEVER FAIL TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT."
You do not have to be
great to start, but you have to start to be great. – Zig Zagler

Software Industry

Where are we in Software Industry
What are the job opportunities
How to prepare

According to Gartner report, the trending technologies are

Data Analytics &
Data Science
Cloud computing
Security
‘Blockchain Developer

JavaScript Developer

Back-end Developer

Full
Stack Engineer


Python Programming
Agile
Data analytics
-         
Google maps – crowded in different color. How
are they doing it
-         
Every traffic pole in sensors
-         
Partner with service provider, tower attached
mobile
-         
Llok at the amount of data that is being
collected
Facbook
-         
Tthngs that you are liking and sharing
-         
More opportunities
-         
 
User of technology to creater of technology
Don’t be consumers of technology be a creator technology
Uber, Ola example
Zomato
AI/ML – Sophia female – robot serving


  
College to Corporate Hand outs by Rajesh Narayanan
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qUqjNh9ErQdGNz08jY1vJd5MY5_4Jdeh

College to Corporate - An initiative by
IITBombayX

Books to read /
Listen to Audio Books
Light from Many Lamps: A Treasury of Inspiration by Lillian
Eichler Watson [Recommended by Abdul
Kalam]
Empires of the Mind: Lessons to Lead and Succeed In a
Knowledge-Based World by Denis Waitley [Recommended
by Abdul Kalam]
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by R. Stephen Covey

Find your
strength:-
Know
yourself – Find your personality type:

Find Your
Strength | Tamil | Mr.Sujithkumar, HR Head – Infosys, Maatram foundation
founder.

Simon Sinek:
How great leaders inspire action

Susan Cain:
The power of introverts

The quiet
power of introverts | BBC Ideas

Movies to watch:-
The secret –
English

Motivational
speech
Zero to Hero
in 100 Days Personal Transformational Journey

Denzel
Washington: I was flunking out of college, I had a 1.7 GPA

Self
Transformation through Public Speaking: Saro Velrajan at TEDxGCT

தைரியமாக வெளியே வா வாய்ப்பு
தன்னால் வரும் | Director Karu
Palaniappan

இந்த ஒரே ஒரு
கருத்து புரிந்துவிட்டால், நம் காலடியில் உலகம்...

நான்
தனித்தவன் என நினைப்பவன்
ஜெயிக்கிறான் - Vijay Tv Gopinath


No comments:

Post a Comment