Sunday, February 2, 2020

Week 1 of 13 – Respond with 10 Sec Delay – Life In Simple Terms – Person...

Welcome back.

இந்த
YouTube channel லை வாழ வைக்கும் தெய்வங்களாகிய எல்லா
ஹீரோயின்களுக்கும், ஹீரோக்களுக்கும்
வணக்கம்.

Over the period of two weeks, I have been thinking on ways to taking
this journey forward. What next is always the mantra for success?

I discussed with my wife, my mentors and few other friends.

My friend Kavitha called from Houston. She suggested few ideas. She
suggested saying that all of us are having trouble in practising the life
skills on a daily basis. Most of things we know very well. We need help in
implementing these life skills. She went on and suggested having weekly challenge
like a Game and all of us participate from the beginning of the week and share
their challenges, reviews, best practices towards the end of the week. Hats off
to Kavitha. I dedicate this episode to her.

That is when one of Stephen Covey quotes came to me very often. All
these personal growth things that we discussed are common sense, not commonly
practised. I am thinking on How to bring common sense into common practice in
our daily life.

I was wondering on how to put things in daily practice. That is when; I
read a quote of Jeff Bezos of Amazon.

Good intentions never work; you need good mechanism to make anything
happen – Jeff Bezos…

I realized the importance of having a mechanism as well.
This is what we are going to do for the next 13 weeks.
13 weeks Life In Simple Terms (LIST) program:- Rules of the game –
Season 2
·        
Start a
weekly series
·        
We have
a weekly challenge on every Monday. Eg., Respond with a 10 Sec Delay
·        
Everyone
including me is part of the challenge.
·        
We all
daily practice with almost care and attention
·        
We log
our progress on a daily basis
o  
Have an
accountability partner. Accountability partner can be your children, wife,
friend, mentor etc
o  
Track  and score your daily progress in daily log. Eg.
7/10 or 5/10 or 2/10
·        
Please
share your daily challenges, success stories in the group.
·        
Best of
the comments, feedback will be discussed on every Friday. Follow the same over
the weekend to ingrain the life skills

Today’s topic – Respond with 10 sec delay:-
It is easy. Instead of reacting immediately, Please respond with 10 sec
delay.
Ways of practising 10 sec delay
1.       We can count 1 to 10 or 10 to 1 depends on
your preference
2.       We can take 4 deep breaths.

Logic or Science behind this strategy:-
We have all Ambi and Aniyan within us. Psychologist says, we have an
aged old reactive brain which does fight and flight response immediately
whenever we are in danger. When we feel unsafe, or our EGO got affected, we immediately
REACT due safe guard ourselves. That becomes detrimental most of the times.

Having this 10 sec delay, force us to think and respond aptly.

Ways to practice daily:-

o   Whenever we are having provoking conversation
with
o  
our
spouse or family members
o  
Colleagues
o  
Social
media
o  
Daily
commute

I reacted to an email of my colleague for which I repent till date. It
got escalated in multiple levels. It impacted my career. My MD said, “I am very
sharp on edges”. That is when, I came up with Respond with 10 Sec delay life
skill tactics.

During these hard moments, we can practice this 10 sec delay rule.

Please share your suggestions, feedback in practicing this.

If you want to maintain anonymity, Please share your suggestions,
feedback, and comments to rajesh.x.narayanan@gmail.com

Cheat Sheet:-

About me:-
EP-0 - Who am I? - Rajesh
Narayanan
If you do not know me personally, you can check out
this video




No comments:

Post a Comment