Monday, October 28, 2019

Day-25–என் வழி–Put First Things First வழி (Habit 3) – Zero to Hero 100 d...

எல்லா ஹீரோக்களுக்கும் ஹீரோயின்களுக்கும் வணக்கம்.



Theme for the week, till next Friday (1st Nov), we are going to keep Put First Things First - Stephen covey Habit-3.



It’s a 25th Episode. Today’s topics: என் வழி – Put First Things First வழி



I built a team from scratch and from ground zero. I was the first guy in the team and start building the team from scratch. We hired 5 members team. Team grew in leaps and bounds. Our team grew to a 35 member’s team. I worked till 3am in the morning during releases. I remembered an incident where I was chased by street dogs at 3am in the morning.



Everything was going good for a period of 8 years. I was in cloud nine. I thought my career was in very good shape. I visualize myself as a Director for my team.



At times in life, we get checkmate from any corner or direction. I also got a checkmate in the form of reorganization. I had two choices. One is to leave the team which I had grown from zero or start something new. I chose the second option. My career aspiration busted like a balloon was punched with a pin. I had to leave everything behind in which I pinned my hope on. 

My dream and career aspiration collapsed in front of my own eyes. I was dejected, devastated and disappointed. To visualize better, I was feeling like Rajnikanth leaving his own house in Padaiappa movie. 



Ilaya Thalapathi Vijay “வாழ்க்கை ஒரு வட்டம்” says, I came to the same place where I started 8 years back. I was standing alone as a lonely tree-தனி மரம் in a desert.



I had gone through a horrible experience for a period of six months. I was low in self-esteem, self-confidence. I took some short cut roots and pleasure activities to find some short term solace. Literally I was like Vikram in Sethu movie. I was mentally roaming around the streets without knowing what to do.



This is where I refer to Stephen covey’s “Put First Things First”. I did not “Put First Things First” to grow myself. This I did not grow myself to the next level. I developed my team and my business. I did not grow. I did not grow to develop my short comings like my communication, my leadership skills, speaking confidently in English and my core personality. I did not “Put First Things First” on my family, relationships and friends. Having worked 16 hours a day, I did not put “Put First Things First” on my health and spirit. We spoke about Pancha thanthiram and glass balls. I was not focussing on my right priorities and my 5 balls. I was looking my career in short term. Vijay says in Bigil movie, Failure teaches a lot of lesson than success. It is absolutely true in my case.



That is when, I took Stephen Covey. Even if you have not watched any of my previous videos, this week is very crucial in terms of execution.



Unlike other leadership gurus, Stephen covey clearly gives a sketch for us. This is time and tested for 30 years. This is the last habit in Private victory(தனி மனித வெற்றி)



I am attaching two version of Today’s video. One is the longer twelve mins version. Other is a short 4 mins version. 



Please watch Today’s Stephen covey without FAIL. if you even do not watch my 5 min video it is fine, please watch his 12 mins video. His helps to plan your priorities. This helps to choose your Put First Things First in life.



Today’s exercise: watch 12 mins video of Stephen Covey.



It’s a 25th Episode. Each and every one of you is shaping me in all aspects, I visually checked my first episode and 24th episode, and I have come a long way. Credit goes to you. Thanks look smaller in front of constant help in shaping my videos and suggestions.



எல்லா ஹீரோக்களுக்கும் ஹீரோயின்களுக்கும் நன்றி



Reference:-

Theme for the week: Put First Things First – Courtesy: Habit3 of Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of highly effective people.

(Start Date 26th Oct, End date 1st Nov – Saturday to Friday)



Big Rocks (Shorter version if you have time crunch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV3gMTOEWt8&list=PLMJW8TT918Yf88RpTJuNiELZTZWMx_S4z&index=7



Put The First Things First Habit 3 Part B Prioritizing Your First Things 28 (Longer version of the same video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmc5-who1uI&list=PLMJW8TT918Yf88RpTJuNiELZTZWMx_S4z&index=9&t=0s



Books: 7 Habits of highly effective people – Stephen Covey

-Rajesh Narayanan



No comments:

Post a Comment