Friday, October 18, 2019

EP-16 - Begin with End in Mind (Habit 2 Week) –Zero to Hero 100 days Per...

எல்லா ஹீரோக்களுக்கும் ம் ஹீரோயின் களுக்கும்
வணக்கம்.
Theme for the
week, from today till next Friday(25th Oct), we are going to keep Begin
with the End in Mind - Stephen covey Habit-2.

In our
company, all of us a sheet of paper acts as a guiding principles. It is our
bible /quaran /Bhawad Gita etc. It is our mission statement. It explains statement
of the beliefs or aims which guide someone's actions.

Whenever we are in cross roads from software engineer to CEO,
we refer to our mission statement. Every quarter or every year, we attend
training to talk about our mission statement.

Now I want to go to Stephen covey he suggests everyone to
have our own mission statements.

When I wrote my personal mission statement after watching
covey, this personal credo talks about Who am I, What am I passionate about,
What am I becoming, what is important to me etc. It helps me to discover my
strengths. It helps me / guide me in all daily interaction as small as setting
up team meeting to new year agenda to everything. This one page gives direction
and compass to my life and daily challenges.

Instead of me explaining about Habit2, I want all of you to experience
Stephen covey’s Habit-

The link is given below wherein he talks about 80th
birthday experience.
He is my master and he is Guru. Please watch the link without
fail. In the coming week, we will do deep drive on how to put habit2 in daily
practice.

Thiruvallur says, எண்ணித் துணிக கருமம் துணிந்தபின்

எண்ணுவம் என்பது இழுக்கு.

Couplet
Explanation:
Consider, and then undertake a
matter; after having undertaken it, to say "We will consider," is
folly.

மு.வரதராசன் விளக்கம்:



(செய்யத்
தகுந்த) செயலையும் வழிகளை
எண்ணிய பிறகே
துணிந்து தொடங்க
வேண்டும், துணிந்த
பின் எண்ணிப்
பார்க்கலாம் என்பது
குற்றமாகும்.

To have right thoughts, we need to have mission statement.
In the cine
world, all great directors go to producer with a one liner that becomes a
movie. What is your one liner or one page statement for your life. It won’t
come in jiffy or angel won’t drop it in our laps. Let us start scribbling. All
of us have it, we do not have to invent it, just detect it. 
தேடுங்கள் தேடுங்கள்
தேடிகிட்டே இருங்கள்
Exercise:
Watch steven covey video and start scribbling

Reference:-
Theme for the week: Begin
with End in Mind
– Courtesy: Habit1 of Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of
highly effective people.
(Start Date 19th Oct, End date 25th Oct –
Saturday to Sunday)

80th Birthday -
A Video From The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People





Books: 7 Habits of highly effective people – Stephen Covey


No comments:

Post a Comment