Thursday, October 24, 2019

EP-22 – MasterPiece - Begin with End in Mind (Habit 2 Week) – Zero to He...

எல்லா ஹீரோக்களுக்கும் ஹீரோயின் களுக்கும் வணக்கம்.



Theme for the week, Today we are wrapping up Habit 2 - Begin with the End in Mind - Stephen covey Habit-2.



Today's topic - MasterPiece



Who are the Hero’s and Heroine’s?



I am not taking about சுத்தி சுத்தி அடிப்பேன் பறந்து பறந்து அடிப்பேன் Hero. I am taking about our எதார்த Hero like VijaySethupathi. I am not taking about SteveJobs or Sundar pichi, I talk about an ordinary person doing an extraordinary work.



Now I am visualising myself attending this person’s 80th birthday. This is what I will say.



One person is an excellent role model to me. He is not from C suite guy or a manager. From software engineer to manager, whoever has any issues, he is there for them. Be it a fresher or experienced person, he is there with them. I do not know my team members know the name of our company’s CEO. But everyone in our team knows about him.



He looks very simple. He daily travels in bus. By the first look, most of the people ignore him. Vadivelu, might says, அவனா நீ.



He is always the last person to speak in the meeting. He is not a flamboyant guy by any means. None of our top management folks know about him, but everyone in the grassroots level knows him very well. I like these attributes in him.



He comes early to work not to do his work, but to do his social service for every needy people. This is what I liked in him. One day I went to his place. I saw bunch of visiting cards which they distribute in the entrance of any IT company. I asked, why do you have this. The response he gave touched my heart. Though I may not need them, I do not disappoint the guy who stands there for 8 hours. I was awestruck by his wisdom. Hats off to Vissanth. Yes. His name is Vissanth.



He is my hero. He may be 20 years younger than me. I look at him as “Katappa looks Bhaghubali”. He wont take any into his hand, Even to this video, His reaction would be, கடமையை செய் பலனை எதிர்பார்க்காதே type.



He is similar to Karnan character in Mahabharatha. He is a guy who practices “Lead without title”



Jim colin’s best book(Good to great) talks about Level 5 leadership. He is the guy who practices Servant leadership at work.



In fact, we all of us are Masterpieces. Bring our best of the talents in every day’s act.. If you are good at humour, be the humorous person at work place, if you can sing, be the singer, if you can dance, bring the dancer in you, if you are empathical, bring that empathy. If you are going speaker, bring the speaker in you, if you are good listener, bring the best listener in you. If you are good in analytical and thinker, bring the best.

Exercise for today



Please watch just a 3 min video of Covey which talks about masterpiece.



Life gives us an empty canvas with various choices of brushes and colours.  Let us paint a beautiful picture of us which is aligned with our purpose.



Spend 10 mins for your time and decide the person whom you want to be.



Prepare your Poster(sample here): https://www.holstee.com/pages/manifesto



I want end today’s episode with Martin Luther king’s quote…

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."

Bring the masterpiece in you as Martin Luther Jr king says.



Reference:-



Theme for the week: Begin with End in Mind – Courtesy: Habit2 of Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of highly effective people.

(Start Date 19th Oct, End date 25th Oct – Saturday to Friday)



Today’s video:-

Habit 2 - Stephen Covey - Make it a masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89b02Zj9Q30



Weekly videos:-

80th Birthday - A Video From The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txa-LRpMgss



Habit 2: Begin With The End in Mind - Part B: Choosing a Life Center (In case if you do not watch it yesterday)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46XhE8rM3uY



Books: 7 Habits of highly effective people – Stephen Covey



No comments:

Post a Comment