Monday, October 21, 2019

EP-19 – Panchathanthiram (பஞ்சதந்திரம்) – Your 5 Balls - Begin with End ...

வணக்கம்.
Theme for the week, from today till next Friday (25th Oct), we are going to keep Begin with the End in Mind - Stephen covey Habit-2.

My colleague of mine watched “choose your balls” episode and asked me “Enna ball nu dhan theriyala” (எந்த பாலுனு தான் தெரியல) after seeing our yesterday’s video. The person asked it in an innocent way.

I was shocked and surprised. I did not expect this question. I am like Nagesh in Thiruvelaiyadal Movie, who was good at asking questions. This thought was kept on lingering in mind for the past two days.

Yesterday while I was driving back home and coincidently I listened to Dr. Jayathasri balakrishnan. I adore this mam because she brings care, compassion, strictness, clarity etc etc. She is a lifetime teacher, Public speaker and a compassionate genuine human being.

I had this difficulty as well when I read Habit 2. I thought of addressing it today straight away. This is a chutta content from Jayanthasree. All credits go to her. I am just a mouth piece.

At this point, I want to take up Dr. Jayanthasri Balakrishnan. Coincidently she also spoke about juggling balls. I felt it was a pure law of attraction moment. She spoke about 5 important balls and order of keeping the ball. I prefer her because she is from our society and related to Tamilian context.

This is a sutta content. Credit goes to her. I am always giving the link in the youtube video description. I always post all the links in the youtube video description.

These are the five balls.
1. Family – Family comes first. I know the pain of running a family without head of the family (Financial engine). My mom lost her father when she was 10 years old. Family always comes first. Company like Infosys find a replacement. There is no replacement of us in the family.

2. Friends – She keeps Friends as the second ball. This is the key. They are the ones who shapes us. “Show me your friends, and I will tell who you are” says quote. According to Bharathi Basker, Marriage for a women is like uprooting base from one place to other. In particular to married women, this is the first relationship they lose immediately after marriage. One of my colleagues cut herself off immediately after her marriage. My humble request to all married women, please do not lose your friendship at any cost. I am not taking about your 3000 friends in FB. I am taking about those 3 friends to whom you can call at 3am in the morning who can pick up the phone without any hesitation, with complete care and compassion. எதிர் நீச்சல் படத்தில் நாகேஷ் வசனம் நண்பனின் மரணத்தைவிட நட்பின் மரணம் கொடியது. Friendship is the second ball.

3. Health is the third ball. In Mahabharatha, Yaksha questions to Tharuman, What is more desirable than wealth? Tharuman says Health. We all know health is wealth. Let us keep this as our third ball.

4. Manam/Spirit/Emotional / Mental wellbeing is our 4th ball. What is spirit - the non-physical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul. “Mana mana mana mental manadhil” is the need of the hour. Deepika Padukone is the brand ambassador for this. This is our 4th ball.

5. Career: - It comes last here wherein we generally keep it in the front. In corporate world, people are replaceable. Be it Infosys or Apple, all employees are replaceable.

This is where the master class experience of Dr. Jayanthasri comes in. She says the first 4 balls (Family, Friendship, Health, and Spirit) are all glass balls. You have to handle with care. If it breaks, it cannot be fixed. Let us handle these 4 balls well.

5th ball which is a career is like a rubber ball. Even if you drop it, it bounces back. In that way, we can rise from it even if we drop it.

Word of caution here, all 5 fingers are not same. If you are bachelor or newbie in the corporate, and you have limited balls to juggle. You can always keep career as your first or second ball.
கண்ணால் காண்பதும் பொய், காதால் கேட்பதும் பொய், தீர விசாரிப் பதே மெய் என்ற முதுமொழிக்கு இணங்கச் செயல்படுஓம்

Exercise for today: Finalise your five balls and its order of priority.

Credit: I want to dedicate this episode to my colleague Sabeena who asked this question in the first place. This topic was not at all in my list. Kudos to her.

Not only to her, I want to thank everyone who has deliberately shared their essence, best articles, advice, books to read, and golden nuggets etc with me through various comments, Whatsapp message etc. Like I said, I am just a mouth piece here. Content comes from various sources. Thank to once and all. Even these YouTube videos are being shaped by you all. Thank you so much to each and every one of you who are making this journey enjoyable and wonderful.

எல்லா ஹீரோக்களுக்கும் ம் ஹீரோயின் களுக்கும் நன்றி .Thank you Hero’s and Heroines’. I owe you a lot to you.

Reference:-
Theme for the week: Begin with End in Mind – Courtesy: Habit2 of Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of highly effective people.
(Start Date 19th Oct, End date 25th Oct – Saturday to Sunday)
Today’s video
பெற்றோர் என்னும் பெரும் பொறுப்பு | Jayanthasri Balakrishnan Speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7DUfoZmXP0&t=965s (Start from 6:05th Minute)
Older videos for week in review:-
80th Birthday - A Video From The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txa-LRpMgss
Habit 2: Begin With The End in Mind - Part B: Choosing a Life Center (In case if you do not watch it yesterday)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46XhE8rM3uY
Books: 7 Habits of highly effective people – Stephen Covey


No comments:

Post a Comment