Sunday, November 3, 2019

EP-31 – Personal Mission Statement - Mission Builder–Private Victory to ...

எல்லா ஹீரோக்களுக்கும் ஹீரோயின் களுக்கும் வணக்கம்.



Theme for the week (from today till next Friday (8th Nov)) - Private Victory to Public Victory (Courtesy: Stephen Covey).



I see this as a retrospective week of 30 Episodes similar to திரும்பி பார்க்கிறேன் program.

There is a Sabari character in Ramayana who tastes the ripen fruits herself first and gives the tastier one to Rama. Similarly I am going to take the best ones. We are going to take the best of the best and ingrain in us like a hammering a nail in a tree.



Today we are going to talk about Personal Mission Statement. We spoke enough about mission statement in EP-16.



Today we are going to discussion on how to craft it. Let us strategise ways to write mission statement.



You could use Stephen covey’s mission builder tool(https://msb.franklincovey.com/).



We can use Mission statement for Personal, Family, and Team. There is a link for your values and principles that defines you.



Why is this personal mission statement important to us? I wrote my mission statement 10 years ago which is materialising now. I am like Sanjay Ramaswamy in Ghajini movie and it took 10 years for me. What is special about Personal mission statement? Let us hear from Covey directly in his own words.



Create and Live by a Personal Mission Statement (Courtesy: Stephen Covey)



A personal mission statement is like a constitution by which you make all decisions for your life. Highly effective people shape their own future instead of letting other people, their culture, or their circumstances determine it.



Personal Mission Statement – Your purpose and meaning in life.



Benefits of a Personal Mission Statement:

• Clarifies what is important to you.

• Provides focus.

• Helps you design your life instead of having it designed for you.

• Guides your day-to-day decisions

• Gives you’re a greater sense of meaning and purpose.



Exercise

https://msb.franklincovey.com/



I was literally in lowest point (சாக்கடை) in life 10 years ago. I was not confident about myself, low in self esteem, my voice wont rise in any meeting, I was full of procrastination, lazy, not committed to myself, not taking any personal responsibility of my life. I slept on not achieving my dreams.



What happens once you write Personal mission statement. Let me take example from Bigil movie, when the individual player play for themselves, they won’t hit the goal in football. Then they have to roam around the ground for 10 times. After 4th attempts, every player goes through the personal transformation. They think about the team first rather themselves and each and every player hit the goal successfully.



That is how I could relate to myself. When I lived for myself, I was lazy, going through boredom, did not take any commitment and did not take personal responsibility.



After I crafted my Personal Mission Statement, I find a meaning and purpose in life which transforms everything in me similar to the player in Bigil movie. It is equivalent to charging up ourselves similar to what Vijay does in the movie(கொளுத்திப்போட்ட மாதிரி scene). Once you charge yourself, every nerve, every neuron and every DNA of you act in charged up state(ஆதி அந்தம் நாடி நரம்பு எல்லாம் தெறிக்க விடுவீங்க).



My mentor suggested taking something bigger than myself. That helped me in crafting my personal mission statement.



Exercise: Mission builder



Take 20 mins of your time today and write the personal mission statement. Site mentions the mission statement of Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, Beethoven, and Benjamin Franklin etc



Please write your own mission statement in alignment with values, principles, what is important to you, how do you want to design your life, day-to-day actions etc. Create a one page draft. Based on this statement you can design your life. You can supercharge(தெறிக்க விடலாம்) yourself. It is like charging yourself on a daily basis. This creates a hero in us. Conquering ourselves is the biggest challenge for us(ஆள போறான் தமிழன்). Mastering our own self and conquering the self is the best in life and that will bring Hero in us. It is not a big thing at all(கம்ப சூத்திரம் இல்லை).  If I can do it, anybody can do it. Everybody can do it.



Viktor Franklin write of “Man search for meaning” says – We detect rather than invent our missions in life. Let us all detect it.



ஆதி அந்தம் நாடி நரம்பு எல்லாம் தெறிக்க விடுங்க. Bring the hero and Heroine in us.



Reference:-

Theme for the week: Private Victory to Public Victory – Courtesy: Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of highly effective people.

(Start Date 02nd Nov, End date 8th Nov – Saturday to Friday)



Check sheet of Leader’s mission statement

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_LZchobFQtufPFTG8s907k9yjrolw5t/view?usp=sharing



Books: 7 Habits of highly effective people – Stephen Covey



No comments:

Post a Comment